Saturday, September 12, 2009

Night and Day






It is one week since Vinnie had surgery on his throat. The only way to describe how he is doing now is amazing. He was happy before, but he is constantly laughing and babbling now. With the cysts removed he is much more vocal. In the pictures of his throat they were just behind his vocal cords slightly pressed again so I am sure that had an impact. When we first saw doctor Bowen we went through the prescreen. I had to go into detail about Vincent's past medical history which is a laundry list not to mention I think my mind forced some of his first months medical events to file 13 in my brain. After I wrote his book for the doctor we talked about the medication Vincent was currently on. It was none and he found this hard to believe considering the novel I had just laid out for him. This rarity in his eyes made us feel extremely lucky.

We go back to Little Rock mid October for his follow up appointment. His surgeon will take another look with the less than pleasant, but necessary camera through the nose. He said the chance of the cysts returning is 20% up to age three. After age three he has never seen them return.

We've been very busy with working on our house in Midtown to sell, our jobs, and the plethora of doctors we do regular check ups with.

Next weekend Joe and I are taking a much needed weekend away (ok we're only going about 20 miles from home:). Joe is entering a craps tournament at Goldstrike in Tunica, MS.

In three weeks we will be going on our first family road trip to Lincoln, NE. My friend of over 20 years Kim is getting married. I am her Matron of Honor. We are very excited to see everyone and more so looking forward to two of the finest people on the face of this planet tie the knot!!!

My patents are going to the wedding as well and my dad will get to meet Vinnie for the first time! My father works extremely hard and is very dedicated to his job so getting him away from work is somewhat of a rarity. His birthday, holidays, his days off, you name it and he probably works it!

More pics to come from Vinnie's surgery, the big bad first Husker game, and as always eating time. I swear some of Vin's funniest moments are when that kid is in a highchair! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment