Saturday, April 17, 2010

One Small Step For Man, One Giant Leap for Vinnie!

I am proud to announce Vinnie has officially taken his first steps. At his physical therapy a few weeks ago (his therapist goes directly to our daycare) she sent home a note that said "Vincent took two independent steps today." Her hand writing was a little jumbled so of course we thought can this be right as we have been working and working with him with no avail. Sure enough though! She gave us some tips to help him out such as putting his back against a wall standing where basically he would have no choice but to step. It works!!! I officially think that their needs to be a parents handbook of tips.

In other news even though Vinnie is not walking completely yet he is moving around quickly and getting into everything. If you are a parent you know at times this can be funny and scary all at the same time. For example last weekend Vinnie was playing on the floor in the kitchen while I was cleaning up lunch. I saw our dogs come in to get some grub out of the dog food bowl and heard them clanking around. I guess when our pups left the kitchen Vinnie thought he'd get in on the action. I turned around and sure enough it was not the dog anymore, but Vinnie trying a piece of dog food to see what he was missing out on! It must have been some pretty good stuff because he threw a fit when I took it away. Eeek! Other times he will be right in front of you and then off like a race horse. His most common spot to run off to is the washer and dryer show as we call it. He is fascinated by these front load machines. Oh the things that entertain them now. Before I know it he'll be asking for a car. Maybe I'll suggest to him that the washer and dryer show is still playing instead?

We're gearing up next weekend to go to the March of Dimes fundraiser March for Babies. This will be our second year participating. Thanks to everyone who sponsored us! We're so blessed to have such great friends and family who support us in our endeavors. We'll get our walk on for ya!!! In addition to the walk for babies I have joined forces with my family in Nebraska in support of the American Heart Association in remembrance of my father. My hope is through our work we can help even just one person get the preventative or life saving care they need even if it is someone we will never meet in our lifetimes. My dad never came across a stranger, just friends he hadn't met yet. It's important for me personally to carry this frame of mind on and general support for everyone; even people I do not know.

Enjoy the new pictures! We took the Vinmiester to the zoo for the first time last weekend. He had a blast. I think it will take up about 4 trips to make it through the whole zoo so we signed up for a membership. He was so excited he crashed after an hour. Ok, so maybe we were so excited to show him everything that we tuckered him out :) We also took him on his first adventure to a hibachi grill. The chopsticks were the highlight of his trip.

Vinnie is growing up so fast. He is moving out of the baby stage and is starting to look more and more like a little boy everyday. I typically don't see this until I look at pictures because I think I will forever have engrained in my brain that little 2 lb 10 oz baby. Of course Joe thinks I will hinder him by spoiling him, but I just think he'll be a momma's boy. What's wrong with that?!? I can't believe he will be 2 in a little over 2 months. What a journey it's been! Stay tuned!!!


Happy two year anniversary to my wonderful husband! I must have done something very good to deserve a grand husband like you ;)
















1 comment:

  1. Yay Vinnie! What great news that he has started to take steps!

    We are going to (our first) March for Babies tomorrow. Our team didn't raise much, but this was my first attempt, and I'm hoping we do better next year!

    And happy anniversary to you guys :)

    ReplyDelete