Sunday, February 28, 2010

Uncle Jeremey Says So!

After the persistance of Vinnie's uncle Jeremey reminding me that we are quite over due for a Vinnie blog here we go! It is only appropriate that I highlight a few of the good times those two have together.


Vinnie doing the heisman!


Vinnie and Jeremey's breakfast extravaganza.


Vinnie's super awesome hat from the one and only Uncle Jeremey

To say the least a lot has happened since my last Vinnie post! Looking back at the pictures on my last post he has grown up so much.

Luckily this winter we have been pretty lucky sickness wise. I think daycare (although terrible at first since he was out sick more than he was there) has helped build up his immunity. Our biggest scare was in Decemeber when Vinnie got the virus we don't speak of RSV. If you recall it was life threatening to him when he was an infant. Now that he is older it just seemed like a bad cold. Besides that he has had a few infections and that's about it!

Vinnie now has about 12 teeth. His eye teeth just came in these past few weeks and boy was that fun. I imagine no one warned me how bad those suckers were going to be since it was probably tough for all you parents too and you put that memory in file 13! :)

He is getting very close to walking and our goal is to have him walking by 2. He finally was approved and switched over to Mississippi Early Intervention. We have a team of three therapists who visit him once a week at daycare. He sees an occupational, physical, and speech therapist.

At his 18 month appointment Vinnie's pediatrician said he was showing the early signs of Autism. We will continue to work with him the best we can, but it is still too early to be diagnosed for sure. I wasn't surprised to hear this as his lack of eye contact for example was something I always noticed. Who knows, he could be a late bloomer. Worst case senerio we will work with it. I still feel blessed everyday to just have him here. I think back to those long nights in the hospital asking god to just help him make it here and then when he was in the NICU to just give him enough strength to make it through. I would take any challenges that came with and I meant it. To me he is just amazing and wonderful in every way!

Vinnie is now 20 months old and is doing all sorts of new exciting things! I laugh when I write that he is 20 months because before I became a mother I thought it was silly that people told people their childs age in months after they were one. It is hard to believe in a couple of months he is going to be 2 (then I can drop the month talk right?)!

After months of playing pat a cake he learned to clap this past weekend! It was hands down the most impressive thing I have seen all year :)

I have so many pictures to post which I will put up soon!

1 comment:

  1. Loved this post - so true about the bedrest and NICU time. Reading that made me want to cry. Because I'm crazy now... but you already know that. So good to see new pics of the Vinnster, and HOORAY for the clapping!!!

    ReplyDelete